Wikipedia Editor Training: Civic Engagement Week Online
We're ending Civic Engagement week and introducing Open October with a hands-on Wikipedia editor training session.
This fun and informal workshop will help you:
- create a Wikipedia editor account
- get some tips and tricks for contributing to the crowd sourced encyclopedia
- learn how to find articles that need citations added (and how to add citations!)
- prepare you to participate in future edit-a-thons, including one scheduled October 20 from noon to 4:00 PM
Link to presentation on Zoom: https://unh.zoom.us/j/9162480286
Register below for the password.
You can learn more and register for other events at bit.ly/UNHCAL
This session is a part of Civic Engagement Week from OCTOBER 5-9 hosted by the UNH Library and several campus partners including NH Listens, UNH Carsey School of Public Policy, The Aulbani J. Beauregard Center for Equity, Justice and Freedom, and Office of Community Equity and Diversity. Events will cover internet and protest security, tips and tools for contacting your elected officials, different forms of activism, voting information, and how to edit the open access encyclopedia Wikipedia.
Related LibGuide: Wikipedia Starter Tips by Elizabeth Fowler
- Friday, October 9, 2020
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.